From the Desk of Bro. Andrew Edwards:
The Academic Empowerment Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) non-profit charitable organization. It is our umbrella organization encompassing the academic needs of all our area high school students within the Washington DC Metropolitan Area.
The AEF has sponsored 5500 high school students in SAT Preparation Classes over the last 29 years, and has enabled over 490 area high school students to participate on college tours sponsored by Ebenezer AME Church, Fort Washington MD, the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. of Prince George County MD, and Arrow Collegiate Tours.
As Chairman and Founder of the Academic Empowerment Foundation Inc. and the Pigskin Jamboree Workshop, I am asking you to support our foundation with your contribution(s) through the Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA) CFC # 91829.
Over the course of 25 years, from 1989-2014, the Annual Pigskin Jamboree and Financial Aid Workshop generated more than $48 million dollars in athletic scholarships and Financial Aid which enabled over 16,500 of our area High School Senior Football players to continue their education and attend colleges and universities of higher learning. We have conducted Financial Aid Workshops for over 6,400 parents/guardians from the local area at the annual Pigskin Jamboree Workshop.
The Academic Empowerment Foundation, Inc. has received several Community Awards and Presentations:
- 2017 – Spirit of Community Award, National Capital Area Combined Federal Campaign
- 2017 – Special Achievement Award, Coalition of Concern Black Christian Men
- 2014 – Dedicated Service Award, Ebenezer AME Church
- 2011 – Certificate of Appreciation, Department of Housing and Urban Development
- 2011 – Love Award, Harlem Remembrance Foundation
- 2010 – Certificate of Appreciation, Prince George’s Public Schools
- 2008 – Las Amigas Inc. Community Service Award
- 2007 – Prince George’s County Volunteer of the Year Award
- 2006 – Gloria Lawlah 26th Legislative District Leadership Award presented at the State Capitol, Annapolis, MD
- 2004 – South County Economic Development Association, Inc. Community Service Award
Your support of the AEF is greatly appreciated. You can make a donation online via Paypal by clicking here, or by mail to:
Academic Empowerment Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 824
Upper Marlboro, MD 20773
Thank you for your consideration!